Community Services Block Grant
COMMUNITY SERVICES forms the backbone of JFCAC's activities and is the historic funding that created Community Action Agencies.
Intake, Assessment and Referral
Provides Information & assist with access for agency programs, assesses family needs & potentials, & helps with referrals to appropriate resources.
Projects to empower families and individuals:
* Employment/Education Support
* Adult Step Up to Leadership Classes
* Youth Step Up to Leadership Classes
* Strengthening, Empowering, Lifting Families (SELF) Classes
Projects to improve living Conditions:
* Energy Efficiency and Safety Education (ESSE) Program
Poverty Awareness Projects:
* Poverty Simulations
Funded in whole/or part with federal funds received from the U.S. Department of Health & Human Services (HHS), Community Services Block Grant, as provided by Missouri Department of Social Services, Family Support Division. The funds received from the Family Support Division are all federally funded.
Community Empowerment Collaborations
Works with other location organizations to increase resources available to help families. Needs are identified and referrals are made to other JFCAC services and outside agencies.
* Jefferson County Hunger Taskforce
* Franklin County Hunger Taskforce
Please visit our office to apply for the following Services:
* Jefferson County Toy Distribution
* Jefferson County Family Health & Education Fair
* Franklin County Back-to-School Fair
* Project COPE