Similac Infant Powdered Formula has been recalled.
Also recalled are Alimentum and EleCare.
So what do I do?
- Verify that the product’s lot number has been recalled by using the Abbott Product Lookup (similacrecall.com)
- Immediately stop feeding your infant any recalled formula.
- Keep your cans of formula for return or exchange.
- You may return your formula to the store for an exchange of new formula. If unable to exchange at the retailer, participants may call Similac customer service at 1-800-986-8540 for information on a refund or replacement.
- If you still have formula benefits on your eWIC card for February, bring your card to the WIC office for a switch to ready to feed or concentrate formula.
- You may purchase equivalent formulas of other brands with your SNAP benefits or other funds.
- For special formulas, please contact your doctor to switch to an equivalent formula.
- Never dilute infant formula or feed homemade infant formula to infants.
- Refer to the CDC’s handout for guidance on safe formula preparation.
- Please call JFCAC WIC at 636-789-2686 Option 5 with any questions. Please leave a message and be patient with WIC Staff, as the phones and clinic will be busy due to this recall.
Hillsboro location: Arnold location:
105 Municipal Drive 1818 Lonedell Rd
Hillsboro, MO 63050 Arnold, MO 63010
Monday and Thursday Tuesday and Wednesday
8:00 am to 5:30 pm 8:00 am to 5:30 pm
Closed from noon to 1:00 pm for lunch
This institution is an equal opportunity provider.